A Thanksgiving Tradition
- 2 pounds chestnuts
- 1 pound bulk sausge roll
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 1 bag cubed stuffing mix
- poultry seasoning
- black pepper
- Peel chestnuts; chop into a medium dice; boil for 10 minutes; drain.
- Brown sausage; remove from pan; drain on paper towel.
- Saute onions in sausage drippings.
- Boil celery for 10 minutes; reserve cooking water.
- In large bowl, combine stuffing mix and seasonings. Add chestnuts, sausage, onions and celery. If mixture is dry, add celery cooking water to moisten.
- Stuff turkey. Bake any extra stuffing in another pan.