Sausage & Peppers on the Grill
Because sometimes its too hot to turn on an oven.
- 1 pound Italian sauage links
- 1 large onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook sausage on the grill. Remove when done. Cool.
- Put sliced onions and peppers into disposable aluminum pan or preheated cast iron skillet. Toss with olive oil and seasonings. Cover lightly with aluminum foil and place on pan or skillet on grill.
- When sausage is cool, slice on bias.
- When vegetables start to become soft, add sliced sausage and tomato sauce to pan on grill. Stir and heat through. Serve on fresh hoagie rolls with grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese.